Everybody knows that smoking weed is a fun experience, although it is true to say that many individuals prefer to consume the herb in other ways, such as eating edibles or using tinctures. Getting CBD or THC into your system when you don’t want to smoke can be tricky, which is why this handy little guide on CBD/THC smoothies is here to help. Smoothies are a fantastic way to get fruit, veggies, vitamins, and other nutrients into your body in a quick and easy way – so, if you fancy it, why not add cannabis into the mix? Here’s a simple guide to making CBD/THC-infused smoothies so that everybody can benefit from the wonderful things weed has to offer:
Before you start thinking about adding cannabinoids to your smoothie it’s important to know exactly what other ingredients you need to make it taste good, as well as how to mix them all together properly. Here’s a concise list of ingredients to get you started, although you really can use whatever you like:
- A liquid of your choice: this can be a dairy based product, such as milk, though you could also make use dairy-free alternatives like almond, oat, or hazelnut milk if you want. You could even use a nice, flavorsome fruit juice.
- Something a little more solid: all this means is that you should add some yogurt or cream in there to thicken it up.
- Something sweet: if you’re putting a smoothie together and intend on drinking it then you definitely want it to taste good, adding something sweet like honey or cane sugar to the mix can really make your smoothie super delicious.
- Your favourite fruits and/or vegetables: what you decide to put in for this part really is up to you, though its best to choose ingredients that you know will compliment each other. I find that mixing greens with a sweet fruit – apples, for example – is a really nice blend.
Now For The Weed
So, of course, the reason why you’re here is to learn about how to mix CBD or THC correctly into your drink. You definitely don’t need a massive amount of cannabis to achieve the desired effect, in fact less is certainly more in this scenario. Keep in mind that if all you want to add to your mixture is CBD then you can simply put CBD oil in with all of your other ingredients and you’re good to go, but if you want your smoothie to deliver psychoactive effects then read on. Here’s a step by step guide on how to prep and mix in your bud to ensure you end up with a smooth, tasty juice drink:
- Grind up some of your favourite weed (1-5g)
- Mix your cream/yogurt with your mix and warm it up so that they bind together. Its important that you remember not to boil this mixture, simply put it on a low heat until its lightly simmering.
- The next step is to drop your freshly ground bud into your liquid and then let it simmer again for a while (anywhere between one and eight hours will do the trick)
- When your concoction is ready it will change colour, this is when you should sieve out anything solid and then let the mix sit until its cool. After this all you need to do is put it in a blender with your other chosen ingredients and, hey presto, you’ve got yourself a weed-infused smoothie!
If you tried this recipe, let us know in the comments if it was tasty enough! We always love to hear from you.
By Brodie Mckenzie
Need Some CBD for an smooth smoothie? buy CBD Oil now.